Senior Advisor, Economics
Petri provides strategic consultancy for both business and public sector clients. His services include industry and market analysis, policy support and advice, as well as risk management, particularly in transactional settings. He also works closely with Avance’s competition lawyers in merger control, antitrust enforcement, and state aid proceedings.
Besides his advisory role at Avance, Petri is also a Research Advisor at ETLA Economic Research and a Professor of Practice at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Avance Attorneys Ltd, Senior Advisor 2021–
- ETLA Economic Research, Research Advisor, 2023–
- VTT, Professor of Practice, Sustainable Economy 2021–
- Avance Attorneys Ltd, Senior Economist (2019–2021)
- ETLA, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, Research Director (2000–2018)
- Etlatieto Oy (a subsidiary of ETLA), CEO (2012–2018)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Economics), Vanderbilt University, 2000
- Master of Arts (Economics), Vanderbilt University, 1999
- Master of Science (Economics), Helsinki School of Economics, 1992
“Petri Rouvinen has been instrumental” and has “exceptional understanding of our industry and business environment.”
The Legal 500 2022